The wizard to “Setup a new User” provides a quick way to add new users to ClockIN. To provide new users with the appropriate access and permission levels for the various features there are choices throughout the setup process. However, ClockIN has streamlined the process by including default settings based on common, baseline setups. As you gain more familiarity with the system you can always change settings as needed under the User Management.
Start by navigating to Wizard via the “Setup New Users” checklist link or scrolling to the bottom left of the Home page to the Wizards section. Once in the Wizard, follow the 4 step process to set up new users. Guidance for each step is provided at the top of dialogue box for each step.
TIP: Start adding any managers
- Complete the Required fields for Step 1, selecting the option for Manager and/or Administrator if the user has that role, and then click Next.
Figure 1 - Step 1 User Information
2. Introduction to Groups, then click “Next.” Groups provide added flexibility as you grow, however, to start use the Default group already selected and click Next (See Figure below).
- Note: Learn about creating and applying groups other articles.
Figure 2 - Step 2 Assign Groups
3. Remove Applications by unchecking any applications that you do not want the new user to have access. If the new user is an Administrator, check Administration. Click Next.
Figure 3 - Step 3 Application Access
4. Choose Access to Modules by reviewing the associated modules for each application that users have access by default. Uncheck a selected module to remove the new users access. Check the Administration box for the appropriate module(s) if the new user is an Administrator. Then click Submit.
Figure 4 – Step 4 Module Access